Back in the year 2000 Hirobo introduced the Freya helicopter kit. Before the Freya, 60 size helicopters are considered by most as the top end level helicopter. The Freya, with its easy assembly, maintenance, very versatile flight performance, and economical price quickly won many helicopter pilot's vote as one of the best helicopter available in the history of r/c helicopter. Even while other helicopter manufacturers tried to follow later with their own version of economical 60 size helicopters, the Freya still tops them in terms of value and performance. All during the years after the introduction of the Freya, it has been through several updates and offerings to cope with the ever changing needs and demands of helicopter pilots. Hirobo, while keeping on the success of the Freya, introduced the Freya Evolution in the year 2005. The Freya Evolution features the following new designs that is updated from the original Freya design:
- Re-designed molded plastic main frame and servo mounts with carbon impregnated plastic.
- 6 points canopy mount.
- Big 600cc fuel tank�
- New design clutch bell
- New autorotation hub with beefed up one-way bearing.
- Revised elevator control assembly based on Eagle 3 design.
- New design switch plate with charge jack retainer.
- New design push-pull pitch control bell crank.
- New design rotor head (FFZ-III) with very high bell-hiller mixing ratio for better performance.
CG located fuel tank with shock adsorption damper mounting system used by Eagle 3.
New design decal.
Epoxy Blades 680mm are included
Basically most of the above new design parts more or less take reference to the parts of Eagle 3 WC. These modification is to transcend the Freya Evolution into a more refined and precise helicopter, while keeping the value in the level of the Freya. According to Hirobo, over 50% of the Freya Evolution parts are newly designed parts compared to the original Freya.