The HobbyZone® Super Cub Bind-N-Fly™ version gives first-time pilots the benefit of HobbyZone’s patented Anti-Crash Technology plus the flexibility of starting with a Spektrum™ DSM2™ 2.4GHz full range aircraft radio (sold separately). With a Spektrum radio, you can teach yourself to fly or “buddy box” with an instructor. And whatever Spektrum radio you choose will grow with you as you progress to other aircraft. With the Super Cub you can teach yourself to fly by mastering the basics of throttle, steering and pitch control with the assistance of HobbyZone’s exclusive Anti-Crash Technology (ACT). ACT ensures your first flights are smooth and stable by using special optical sensors and software that analyze your flight path. If ACT “sees” you are losing control and entering a steep dive, it reacts quickly to help prevent a crash by actually helping you regain control.
After you’ve mastered the basics, you can turn Anti-Crash Technology off with the flip of a transmitter switch. With ACT off, your Super Cub will be capable of more advanced maneuvers such as steep turns, loops and tail slides.
Everything you need to get flying, except a transmitter, is included in this box and you can be up and flying in as little time as it takes to charge the battery pack and bind the transmitter. You also get the added excitement of HobbyZone’s exclusive X-Port™ technology that lets you add remotely controlled functions like parachute drops (requires Aerial Drop Module™ - (sold separately). There’s even an optional float kit (sold separately) that lets you turn any lake or pond into a back country, bush-flying adventure.
ACT and X-Port function:
The receiver included in the Super Cub LP BNF is a 2.4GHz DSM2 receiver/ESC unit. It must be partnered with a full range DSM2 transmitter. It is equipped with throttle, elevator, rudder and aileron function.
For most of the DSM2 transmitters, channel 5 will activate ACT, while channel 6 will activate the X-Port function.
For the Spektrum DX5e transmitter, the trainer switch will activate the X-Port function.
• Everything you need to get flying, except a transmitter, is included in the box
• Realistic scale features in a teach-yourself-to-fly plane
• Exclusive patented Anti-Crash Technology (ACT) facilitates a safe and successful flight experience for beginners
• Lightweight, high-capacity 3S Li-Po battery pack for generous flight times
• Includes a DC charger with an AC adapter
• Easy to repair, lightweight, durable Z-Foam™ construction
• An easy-to-install, one-piece wing that provides incredible handling and smooth flight
• Powerful 480 motor for faster climbs and more speed
• Steerable tail wheel and steel wire pushrods for precise control
• X-Port™ technology equipped for use with add-on accessories such as Aerial Drop Module™
• Float mounts installed and ready to accommodate the optional Super Cub float set
• Super Cub “Learn to Fly” DVD with assembly and binding instructions included with flying tips to make sure that getting started is easy
Wingspan: 47.7 in (1200mm)
Overall Length: 32.5 in (825mm)
Flying Weight: 25.2 oz (715 g)
Motor Size: 480 brushed
Radio: 2.4GHz DSM2 Receiver/ESC
Prop Size: 9 x 6
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Charger: DC-powered 3S Li-Po balancing charger
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Recommended Battery: 3S 11.1V 1300 Li-Po (included)
Experience Level: No Experience Necessary
Landing Gear: Fixed main with steerable tail wheel
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Trim Scheme Colors: White, Blue, and Black
Anti-Crash Technology: yes